Monday, May 24, 2010

Your opinion on this particular engagement proposal?

Spend a whole week taking her out to dinner every single night, somewhere new, somewhere different and each night present her gifts all of which are inside a ring sized box.





On the day of the proposal start off early with either a hot air balloon or helicopter ride over downtown/city.


Then take her out to a fine restaurant to lunch.


A horse and cart ride around downtown/city.


Followed by a walk through a botanical garden or along the beach discussing plans for the future together


Then dinner at another fine restaurant


Followed by a trip to an observatory or watching the penguins come in on shore for the night





Then the moment


Turn to her and tell her how we've been going out for so long and we've really gotten to know each other (building the anticipation) and...





I think we should break...





(Wait for her to say something like, "tell me you don't love me anymore")





Then smile and continue by saying I think we should break the


news to everyone we're getting married





So what do you say

Your opinion on this particular engagement proposal?
Honestly? It's not so good. Too elaborate. But you're in luck because it's better to have too many ideas than not enough. You just need to remember, less is more.





I like the idea of faking her out with the gift in a ring size box, but I would do it once. And do it early on on the same night you're actually going to propose, that way she doesn't have to be disappointed about it for too long.





Also, I think one meal and one walk or whatever is enough. You don't want to make it too long and make her feel like going home before you ever get around to asking.





The other thing is I think there's going to be a very long awkard pause after you say "I think we should break...". I really doubt she'd say anything right away besides "Uh...what?". Then there's also the issue of telling her you guys are getting married rather than asking her if she'll do you the honor of marrying you. She wants to feel like it was her decision and she's making you the happiest man on earth by saying yes. By just telling her, she'll still be happy of course, but it takes that away from her.





P.S. Obviously I don't know this girl personally so I may be wrong about what she wants but I'm just giving you average girl opinion.





P.S.S. Don't worry too much I'm sure whatever you do she'll love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment