Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I am looking for the layman's term for a tree named Pagus Sylvatious Riveraii.?

This tree is at the botanical gardens near my home and I love it's look. The tag near the tree only has the 'scientific' name on it, but it must be more easily identified than this.

I am looking for the layman's term for a tree named Pagus Sylvatious Riveraii.?
All I could find was the Fagus Sylvatious (Oak leaf Beech). The Riveraii could be a variety. Rivera was a name on several articles I looked at.
Reply:U sure u don't mean


Fagus sylvatica (European beech)





In all my sourcing books there is no PAGUS listed in any of them


What Botanical Garden?





try this link with pics maybe you can find your tree


http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/b/Fagac...


No comments:

Post a Comment