Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Butchart Garden Vs. Huntington Library, which one is better?

Hi, I've been to Huntington Library at least two times. It was very nice. Lots of plants and art works to see. I'm planning to go to Victoria Island, BC in the summer and looking into Butchart Garden. Just comparing the garden/botanical section of Huntington Library, which one do you guys think is better? Butchart Garden or Hungtinton Library?





Here's some facts about the two:


Huntington Library : 120 acres (not sure how big is the garden/botanical section only). Admission price $15 weekday/$20 weekend.


Butchart Garden: 55 acres. Admission price $26.50 Summer. Have fireworks every Sat on summer.





Since I've seen Huntington Library, will I be disappointed with Butchart Garden? Is it worth it? I'm don't know plants/flowers names/species, but I appreciate them.

Butchart Garden Vs. Huntington Library, which one is better?
I have visited both, the Huntington just a few months ago,


and Butchart Gardens about 40 years (augggh) ago,


so my impressions of the latter are not *quite* up to date.





My memory of it is that it is a much more elaborate


and colorful garden than the Huntington, which is


very subdued in comparison. Butchart had much more


in the way of floral displays, waterfalls, and so on.





It's not quite right to just compare acreage, as the


Huntington has vast expanses of plain lawn and all


the buildings, too. Probably in terms of decorative


gardens, Butchart has more.





I don't think you will be disappointed if you like flowers


and gardens, but $26.50 Canadian is at least that much


in the now weakened $US, so you'd have to decide


for yourself the "value for money", as the English say.


No comments:

Post a Comment